Don’t hire roofing installation services for your business before you see this
February 3th, 2023
Roofs are an important part of any construction as they protect the house or building from the weather elements. There are several types of roofs available on the market, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. In this article we will discuss the pros and cons of roofing with EPDM systems and PVC systems.
EPDM roofing system
What does EPDM roofing stand for? EPDM system is a type of elastomeric rubber roofing made of ethylene-propylene-diene monomer rubber, and because it is a liner membrane, it is highly resistant to weather and temperature changes. Some of the advantages of installing an EPDM roofing system include:
- Durability: How long do EPDM roofs last? The EPDM roofing system is known to be highly resistant to weather and temperature changes.
- How often are roofs replaced? It can last up to 30 years or more, depending on the weather and the care you take.
- Easy to install: Installing an EPDM roof is relatively easy, as the rubber is flexible and can easily be molded to fit any roof shape.
- Thermal insulation: EPDM systems have great thermal insulation, which means that it can help keep your house or building cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- Affordability: EPDM roof system is generally more affordable than other types of roofing, which makes it a good option for homeowners who are looking for an affordable roofing solution.
However, there are some disadvantages of installing an EPDM roof as well. Some of the main disadvantages include:
- More prone to tearing or cracking: The EPDM system is made of rubber, which means it can tear or crack over time, especially if it is exposed to sharp objects.
- Not recommended for sloped roofs: EPDM systems are best for flat roofs, as they are more prone to tearing or cracking on sloped roofs.
PVC roofing system
On the other hand, the PVC roof system is a type of roof made of rigid plastic. It is known to be highly resistant to weather and temperature changes, just like the EPDM system. Some of the advantages of installing a PVC roof include:
- Durability: How long does pvc roofing last? Just like EPDM systems, PVC systems are highly resistant to weather and temperature changes, and last for 30 years or more.
- Thermal insulation: The PVC system also has great thermal insulation, which means that it can help keep the house or building cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- Easy to install: Installing a PVC roof is relatively easy because the plastic is rigid and can be easily cut and shaped to fit any shape of
- Recommended for sloped roofs: The PVC system is a good choice for sloped roofs because it is more resistant to tearing or cracking than EPDM systems.
However, just like the EPDM system, there are some disadvantages of installing a PVC roof as well. Here are the disadvantages of the polycarbonate roof:
- Higher price: PVC systems are generally more expensive than other types of roofing, which can be a problem for homeowners who are looking for an affordable roofing solution.
- Heavier: A PVC system is heavier than an EPDM system, which can be a problem for roofs that are not designed to support the additional weight.
Our highly qualified company works with the most reliable products. With the partnership we have with EPDM and PVC manufacturers, we can service hundreds of people in the best way, and you can be the next one!
In conclusion, both the EPDM system and the PVC system are excellent options for roof installation, each with its own advantages and disadvantages and lasting 30 years or more.
The EPDM system is an affordable and easy-to-install option, but is more prone to tearing or cracking and is not recommended for sloped roofs.
The PVC system is a sturdy option and recommended for sloped roofs, but is more expensive and heavier. It depends on the homeowner’s needs and preferences to choose which option is best for their building.
So, If you want qualified, reliable professionals to take care of your industrial roofing, trust Northeast Industrial Roof! Our team is even available for 24/7 emergency service in case of serious problems that can not wait.